“Time is not our friend,
It is our mortal enemy,
Because it takes moments like this…
And transforms them into memories,
Memories we can barely see!”
(click here to read the entire poem)
This poem came to mind as I spent some quiet time reflecting on my January. A month ago 2018 was so new…so fresh…so inspiring!
That’s because it was a blank page!
At the beginning of the year I always ask myself seven questions:
- By the end of January, what will my blank page say?
- What will my 2018 chapter say about me at the end of the year?
- Will my 2018 be filled with demonstrations of faith and perseverance as I pursue my resolutions and goals?
- Will 2018 be filled with the excuses I always use for why I haven’t completed my personal goals or obtained my desires and aspirations?
- What will I stop to solidify my success in 2018?
- Will I allow the distractions of television, texting, social media, etc…to divert me from my dreams?
- What am I willing to sacrifice to achieve my goals in 2018?
Asking myself these questions towards the beginning of every year, has made me a goal-setting machine!
If you haven’t answered questions similar to this about your goals…consider that now is the time.
If you wait…
Time will win…
She is not our friend.
Because if she was…it wouldn’t be February already!
About the Author:
Global Entrepreneur – Certified Life Coach – Media Personality – Speaker
Linal Harris is a global entrepreneur, certified life coach, author, and media personality. As the founder of Inspirational Perspective® Publishing, LLC and Insights 4 Life™ Coaching, LLC, Harris challenges his global audience and coaching clients to Murder Mediocrity® and live their best life possible. Harris concentrates his work as an ontological coach with clients on what he calls the 4 pillars of life; the relationship we have to ourselves, the relationships we have with others, our relationship to work and money, and the connection we have to our spirit and life’s purpose. Harris coaches CEO’s, executives, entrepreneurs, athletes and celebrities. Harris is the author of “Slay Your Goals”, where he provides his readers with scientific and research backed tips for achieving their goals. Harris is an expert goal-setter and has been called upon by Fortune 500 companies to assist with setting their strategic priorities, facilitate goal-setting sessions and provide inspirational talks.
To stay connected, be sure to follow me on the following social media outlets by hitting the links below:
For daily inspiration – text “INSPIRED” to 43783 – Enrollment is free!